Interested parties should email their resume to: email@example.com
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician/Technologist
Location: Mount Pleasant, Vancouver
Date: June 2017
This position is located at Pure Extractions manufacturing shop in Mount Pleasant, Vancouver, BC. The position reports to the President of Pure Extractions who is responsible for all engineering, manufacturing, testing, commissioning and customer support for their equipment.
Job Purpose and accountability
The purpose of the position is to support the operations and manufacturing of Pure Extractions CO2 extraction equipment, working directly with the President, the potential employee is responsible to take a pro-active role in the design, assembly, test, commissioning and operations of the extractors.
This position requires the individual to work closely with manufacturing personnel and to assist with continuous improvement initiatives. Strong computer skills are essential for this role. This position requires a thorough understanding of manufacturing techniques and processes related to welding and metal fabrication and also basic understanding of gas process equipment and electrical knowledge.
Perform the following duties, with health and safety being the main priorities:
* Fabrication aluminum structure for the machine base, involving cutting, drilling, tapping etc. of aluminum to prepare for welder. Also required to fabricate small jigs and fixtures for various components.
* Basic process equipment knowledge, understanding the various critical limits of process equipment.
* Knowledge and experience with stainless steel tube bending, fittings and valves.
* Basic electrical knowledge, and would be able to do basic wiring as per instructions.
* Create and update mechanical assembly drawings and assist in drawings interpretation
* Prepare and maintain models and drawings using AutoCAD
* Apply reliability techniques to improve equipment availability and function
* Provide appropriate technical support and continuous improvement ideas.
* Assist in the preparation of high quality reports on time
* Understand and assess material handling and industrial manufacturing equipment
* Actively participate in team meetings and company initiatives
* Lead, assist or participate in meetings, improvement projects, safety initiatives and rapid improvement events
* Recommends methods for improving workers efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities.
* Restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations / equipment, and purchasing and inventory of equipment.
* Determine how best to use the work force to achieve maximum productivity.
* Provides ongoing recommendations for productivity improvements.
* Perform other administrative and technical duties as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
* Diploma in mechanical, manufacturing, or process Engineering, or another engineering field relevant to Pure Extraction manufacturing requirements is ideal but not required, also interested in millwrights, mechanics or skilled tradespeople as an entry level position.
* Knowledge and experience with gas process equipment, machine design and fabrication, lean manufacturing techniques, CAD, single piece flow manufacturing.
* experienced working safely with power tools; Mitre saw, drill press, jig saw, circular saw, cordless drills, and hand tools.
* Experience in an industrial setting, including directing equipment operators and other personnel.
* Mechanical and instrumentation aptitude, with knowledge (or ability to learn) the repair and troubleshooting of process equipment and instruments.
* Communication and conflict resolution skills.
* Strong interpersonal and team skills;
* Attention to detail and proficiency with computers, ability to read and interpret blueprints, and schematics
* Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
* Ability to record and maintain organized daily records.
* Time management and organizational skills.
* Cross cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds.
* Knowledge of process control theory, programming of PC based controls
* Design and fabrication of jigs and fixtures for manufacturing process.
* Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, process, and electrical components.
* Could assist with standardization of Bill of Materials, including procurement of components
* Knowledge & experience with Provincial and Federal pressure vessel and gas processing plants (ASME, CRN, etc.)
* Able to travel internationally for commissioning and training customers and operators
* Able to be on-time and productive on a full-time but somewhat flexible schedule. Some over-time, weekend work may be necessary
* A valid driver’s license is an asset - may include pick-up of components from various suppliers
* Be able to maintain a clean work environment.
* Material handling of components over 50 lbs., bending over, working on the floor and in various positions
* Able to work in close quarters with the team.